Lately, I have been waking up at 5:15 am each morning to pray. A few days ago, I was praying and simply sitting still in order for the Holy Spirit to speak. My professor once said, "We must have equal time."
Suddenly, my girlfriend's granddaughter called approximately around 7:00 am. I thought "something must be wrong because she NEVER calls me this early." So, I returned her call.
She stated it was Brooklyn - who is 4 years old. We sat, talked and later began to pray. Meantime, as we were talking I became so cold because I was still lounging around in my pajamas.
The conversation ended. I went back to bed to get warm. I began praying silently again. I begin asking the Lord, "What is it exactly that I am supposed to be learning?" Instantly, the Holy Spirit used that experience to begin teaching me.
Here is the lesson: When I was sitting talking to my friend my body became chilled. I couldn't concentrate on the conversation at times because I was thinking of how to get warm.
I began multi-tasking. Although, I was listening to the conversation -I also began seeking remedies. For example... turn on the heat...grab a blanket...etc. Once I got into the bed and underneath the covers I became warm again. My thoughts were centered on praying. There were no distractions. I was fully concentrated.
The Holy Spirit whispered to me, "Traci, that is the lesson God is wanting you to learn. When you remove yourself from OUR covering...YOU easily become distracted.
You come up with your own remedy of how to 'fix' the situation. Even when we try to talk to you -you are so sidetracked that you only hear every other word. Oh, you are still there but, not wholeheartedly.
Then, when you realize the condition you are in or what has happened you immediately put back on the covering. You are still. You listen intensely. You allow US to work -instead of YOU.
We don't need you to find the remedy. We are the remedy. We aren't nearly as concerned about your comfort in the situation as we are your FAITH." Wow, what's important - Comfort or Faith?
Suddenly, my girlfriend's granddaughter called approximately around 7:00 am. I thought "something must be wrong because she NEVER calls me this early." So, I returned her call.
She stated it was Brooklyn - who is 4 years old. We sat, talked and later began to pray. Meantime, as we were talking I became so cold because I was still lounging around in my pajamas.
The conversation ended. I went back to bed to get warm. I began praying silently again. I begin asking the Lord, "What is it exactly that I am supposed to be learning?" Instantly, the Holy Spirit used that experience to begin teaching me.
Here is the lesson: When I was sitting talking to my friend my body became chilled. I couldn't concentrate on the conversation at times because I was thinking of how to get warm.
I began multi-tasking. Although, I was listening to the conversation -I also began seeking remedies. For example... turn on the heat...grab a blanket...etc. Once I got into the bed and underneath the covers I became warm again. My thoughts were centered on praying. There were no distractions. I was fully concentrated.
The Holy Spirit whispered to me, "Traci, that is the lesson God is wanting you to learn. When you remove yourself from OUR covering...YOU easily become distracted.
You come up with your own remedy of how to 'fix' the situation. Even when we try to talk to you -you are so sidetracked that you only hear every other word. Oh, you are still there but, not wholeheartedly.
Then, when you realize the condition you are in or what has happened you immediately put back on the covering. You are still. You listen intensely. You allow US to work -instead of YOU.
We don't need you to find the remedy. We are the remedy. We aren't nearly as concerned about your comfort in the situation as we are your FAITH." Wow, what's important - Comfort or Faith?
No comments:
Post a Comment