Dr. Traci M. Alexander

Wednesday

Teddy's lesson about FAITH...

I wish everyone had a little Teddy Maximus. Sometimes, he can be quite the teacher. Teddy is small and weighs approximately 6-7 lbs. soak and wet. He is such a joy.

Lately, I have learned a valuable lesson from him. I call it Teddy's lesson about FAITH. At night, I like to read in the bed. It's quiet and very relaxing. Yet, once he realizes that I am in bed...he rounds the corner, takes a leap and jumps high up on the bed - all by himself. He wants to join me. It is though he is saying, "Look, I am a big boy!"

That's amazing because he doesn't even flinch at the height of our sleigh bed. He doesn't let anything intimidate him nor does he wait for an invitation. He is quite confident that it is alright. He just wants to be in my presence.

At other times, Teddy comes to the side of my bed with this pitiful, long face. Immediately, he begins scratching the covers with his little paw. This lets me know that this time...he would like to be picked up and invited.

I state, "Teddy, you can do it...just jump!" I encourage him. I pat the bed. UNTIL...finally, I pick him up. I suppose he just wants me to reach down, hold him, and let him know its ok.

Later, I think to myself isn't that strange how some days he is so confident and other moments he lacks confidence and becomes so easily intimated??? Yet, I absolutely love that he simply wants to be with me and I never mind.

Honestly, I am a lot like Teddy. Here is proof. As I pondered this...Jesus said, "Traci, you are a lot like this too. Some days, you speak to the mountain and shout with a loud voice...BE THOU REMOVED!

Other times, you tend to beg, plead and cry for me to remove it. No matter how many times I tell you that YOU TOO can do it...I have to pick you up...hold you and let you know it is ok!"

The great thing about this lesson is that God never minds either. He simply encourages me and reminds me that HIS Word states that it only takes a tiny mustard seed of faith. My friend, they say a dog is a lot like his MASTER. The great thing is that both of us just want to be with our owners!!!!

No comments: